Friday, January 30, 2009

Must Love Dogs

Tonight I did my first good deed of 2009. I was driving home from work and saw a beagle in the road. I pulled over and got out of my car and walked toward him. At first I wasn't sure if he was friendly or not but he started to wag his tail as I got closer and I knew he was fine. I stopped traffic and scooped him up and put him in my car. He smelled very bad and was very thin. Adorable and quite lovable - a little old dog. I drove from house to house asking people if he was their dog. There's only about 5 houses on that street. I saw another beagle in the park next to where I found him and knew this other beagle was looking for him. I figured I'd see a person eventually but didn't. I was yelling "HELLO" as loud as I could hoping the dogs had an owner nearby. I finally got the other one to come over to me and I scooped her up and put her in my car also. I waited long enough for someone to show up but no one did so I called 911. The police officer that came out was afraid of dogs so I had to put them in the back of his squad car. hahahahahah - too funny. He said that he would drive around on the other side of the park and see if he could find the owners. I hope he wasn't just telling me that because he knew I was upset that they wouldn't get back home. I said what happens if you don't find the owners - he said he would take them to the station. I hope I did the right thing. I really hope he found the owners. I was sad to see them go but know that I saved them from being hit by a car during rush hour.

3 comments:

Ice Pony Girl said...

You did the right thing! You can always call the station and ask the officer what happen to the beagles.

GESSYBELL said...

U did do a good thing! But I'm sure deep down you were hoping that noone would claim them, right?!?!?

Daily dose of Dana said...

u did the right thing, me and u are the same here, except i pray a stray little cute thing will cross my path and they seem to always jump in yours, one day your going to have to keep them!!! remember when you were at my house and there was a pug running around, i wanted to find it soooo bad, and so did you!!!