Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Class Trip













Henry's class trip was to see the Wizard of Oz in Phila. I was so excited that I was picked to be a chaperone. We get down to Phila and they tell us we have to eat lunch at 10:30 am! We had eaten before we left home so that should have been my first clue that the day was not going to go well. We get to the Kimmel Center and I mention to another mother that I was surprised to see the show was only an hour long. The movie is 3 hours long! She said - oh this isn't the full version - this is a condensed version for kids. UGH! So the show finally starts and they are singing these babyish songs. I'm thinking - oh boy - here we go. Well the whole show was very babyish. It was the Wizard of Oz but dumbed down for 3 yr olds. Why would someone plan a class trip for 5th graders to see a show meant for 3-4 year olds? It was awful. I wasted a day off. I did get to spend the day with my boy and his buds though - so that part was worth it.

No comments: